15 important parts of speech questions for competitive exams, and here we discuss what is parts of speech
Parts of Speech:-
Words are divided into different kinds of classes, called Parts of Speech. According to their use, it can be divided into 8 parts:
- NOUN: A noun is a word used as the name of a person, place, or thing. [Example: The Sun shines bright.]
- PRONOUN: A pronoun is a word used instead of a noun. [Example: John is absent because he is ill.]
- ADJECTIVE: An adjective is a word used to add something to the meaning of a noun. [Example: He is a brave boy.]
- VERB: A verb is a word used to express an action or state. [Example: Kolkata is a big city.]
- ADVERB: An adverb is a word used to add something to the meaning of a verb, an adjective, or another adverb. [Example: He worked quickly.]
- PREPOSITION: A preposition is a word used with a noun or pronoun to show how the person or thing denoted by the noun or pronoun stands in the relation or something else. [Example: There is a cow in the garden.]
- CONJUNCTION: A conjunction is a word used to join words or sentences. [Example: Two and two make four.]
- INTERJECTION: An interjection is a word that expresses some sudden feelings. [Example: Hurrah! We have won the game.]
15 important Parts of Speech questions for competitive exams: ( FIND THE PARTS OF SPEECH)
#1. They while away their evenings with books and games.
#2. Still waters run deep.
#3. He still lives in that house.
#4. After the storm comes the calm.
#5. The after effects of drug are bad.
#6. The up train is late.
#7. It weighs about a pound.
#8. He was only a yard off me.
#9. Suddenly one of the wheels came off.
#10. Muslims fast on the month of Ramzan.
#11. He kept the fast for a week.
#12. He is on the committee.
#13. Let us move on.
#14. I will watch while you sleep.
#15. Sit down and rest a while.
parts of speech is an important role and the base of English, and in today’s world if you need a job you have to improve your communication skills, else you are not able to get a good job if it is a low pay scale job or high everyone wants your communication and for this, you have good knowledge of English and as well good knowledge of parts of speech, it’s a backbone of English.if you really think you are good at English to go and test your skills.