Seating arrangement is one of the most important parts of REASONING in every exam. Every exam contains at least 2-3 questions of seating arrangement puzzles which carry 10-15 marks at least.
In this section some conditions are given in the form of instruction and after reading those instructions candidates have to arrange them in a particular manner . Basically there are three types of arrangements-
- ROW or COLOUMN Seating Arrangement
- CIRCULAR Seating Arrangement
- SQUARE Seating Arrangement
In order to solve any arrangement a diagram should be made so that we can solve every question quickly.
In this article we will learn about Linear arrangement pattern:-
TYPES OF QUESTIONS:-
ARRANGEMENT IN LINEAR PATTERN –
- Before solving the linear pattern we must find out the direction of the elements so that we can find out left and right position of every elements. [For better reference please go through the above image.]
- Then place all the elements according to the question and try to form a diagram so that the question can be easily solved.
- Six members P,Q,R,X,Y,Z are sitting in a row facing north. X is to the left of Q but on the right of P. Y is on the right of Q but is on the left of Z. Z is to the left of R. Who are sitting on the extreme ends? options: (a) QZ (b) PR (c)XY (d)QY
Answer:- So, P and R are sitting at the extreme ends. Option (b) is correct.
- There are five friends A,B,C,D,E are standing in a row facing south. E is to the immediate right of A. C is between B and D . D is between E and C. Who is in the middle? options: (a)A (b)B (c)C (d)D
Answer:- So according to the question D is sitting at the middle position. Option (d) is correct.
LINEAR ARRANGEMENT PATTERN QUIZ:-
1)Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Six friends A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing towards North. C is sitting between A and E. D is not at the extreme end. B is sitting at immediate right of E. F is not at the right end but D is sitting at 3rd left of E.
2)Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Eight friends- E, I, K, L, M, O, S and R are sitting on the straight line facing north but not necessarily in the same order.
O sits third to the left of M. R sits at one of the extreme ends of the line. Only two persons sit between M and K. E is not an immediate neighbour of L. Only one person sits between S and R. K is not an immediate neighbour of R. Only three persons sit between S and L.
#1. What is the position of R concerning E?
#2. How many persons sit between the one who sits to the immediate right of R and the one who sits to the immediate left of E?
#3. Which of the following statement is correct?
#4. Which of the following sitting arrangement is correct?
#5. Who among the following represents the persons sit at the immediate neighbours of M?